Thursday, November 27, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
This unit is about what you do in your free time so it deals with leisure, hobbies, reading, movies and so on. As usual, let's start with some general questions:
- What do you like doing in your free time? When do you do it? When and how did you start that activity? How long have you been doing it? (Pay attention to the verbs expressing likes and dislikes, which are followed by -ING form)
- Speak about a friend's hobby: what it is like, why your friend likes doing it, if you've ever tried to do it with him/her...
- What's the best activity for summer? And the best for winter?
- Have you ever tried a risky activity? What was that and why did you choose it? If not, why don't you fancy a risky activity?
- what is the most strange thing/activity you've ever tried? Describe your experience.
If you want to work with the vocabulary, you may want to see this page: click here
To see a model about what to say about your hobby, here you are a listening comprehension: click here
The grammar point of this lesson is about verbs expressing likes and dislikes followed by -ING form and verbs about orders, desires and commands followed by TO+infinitive. Here you are a short list to help you to remember them:
|LIKES AND DISLIKES||ORDERS, DESIRES, COMMANDS|
I don't mind
I can't stand
FOLLOWED BY _____-ing
FOLLOWED BY to + infinitive
Monday, November 24, 2014
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Although you've already dealt with this topic many times, there are still lots of words, verbs and expressions to learn. Apart from the ones you have in your textbook, here you are some links to help you:
- a list of exercises: click here
- this is a simple list with the translation into Spanish but it has many useful words; click here
Apart from vocabulary, we also dealt with the order of adjectives; here you are some help to practise with this topic: