Monday, February 20, 2017
Sunday, February 19, 2017
We start a new module and a new lesson as well. It's about health, going to a doctor, alternative medicine, going to a chemist's and so on. Let's begin with the usual general questions:
- Do you have good health? What do you do to be healthy?
- Do you prefer traditional or alternative medicine? Do you believe alternative therapies work?
- Have you ever tried alternative medicine? Which one? What was the experience like? Would you like to try any?
- Have you ever tried to lose weight? Explain your experience to your mate.
About vocabulary connected to this topic, here you are some useful links:
- a very large vocabulary list but be careful with the pronunciation (phonetics is not included)
- here you are a vocabulary of the human body: clic here
- a long list of exercises about the topic
For pair work, a common activity is to perform a role playing in which one student is a doctor and the other is the patient. Then you exchange your roles. Pay attention to these aspects:
- symptoms and how long for
- ask for details: habits, recent changes, diet...
- ask/give advice to solve the problem
Another typical situation is going to a chemist's because you have a problem: do the same but this time you are a chemist and the customer.
Monday, February 13, 2017
This post is a "romantic" contribution to Saint Valentine's Day. Here you are some short stories and some quotes about love. I hope you'll enjoy them.
If you want to know something about Saint Valentine's Day here you have some videos: