We'll start with the general questions as usual:
- Are you happy with your bank? Are you charged for managing your account? How often do you go to your bank? Do you use the internet for managing your account? Why/why not?
- Have you ever had a problem with your bank? What happened? How did you solve it?
- Do you normally use cash or credit cards? Do you usually use an ATM? Why/why not?
- Do you think banks are necessary? What for?
On page 22 of your text book you can find exercise 9 which is a role-play. Work with your partner to do this activity.
In this activity we are going to practise with SO and NEITHER. Try to find 5 sentences to make your mate say a comment such as in this example:
- I prefer to use my credit card to pay in cash when I travel ---- So do I
- I've nerver been in the red in my account ---- Neither have I
On page 27, the exercise 7 is to be made with your mate. Read the sentences and give your opinión saying if you agree or disagree and why you say so.
Speak about getting a loan from a bank. Think about the difficulties to borrow the money, how to pay it back and the interest rates, how you can save money... It's important you use the vocabulary learnt in this unit and also the ways of expressing agreement and disagreement.
Here you are a Reading comprenhension about banks. Go to this link and do the exercise: click here