Do you prefer going to the theatre or the cinema? Why? From your point of view, what are the main differences between these two entretainments?
What is the main problem for theatre? Why isn't is so popular?
Did you used to go to the theatre as a child? Do you stil do it?
When was the last time you went to the theatre? Did you enjoy it?
Discuss with your partner about these questions and try to find the reasons why theatre is not so popular. Compare theatre to cinema and remark the main differences.
Speak about the main problems to make theatre more successful in our country. Think about the pros and the cons of going to the theatre.
theatre can be used with educational purposes as a therapy (see the article below) but aslo as a tool for learning, especially for learning a language. These are some examples:
- role play: a doctor and a patient; a shop-assistant and a customer; a receptionist and a guest; a waiter and a customer; a police oficer and a thief; a parent and a child; two friends chatting ...
- entonation: to produce a sentence in different ways taking into account speed, pitch, feelings...
- I love going shopping on sales with my friend Laura.
- using mime for performing and speaking about that performance or as a game (Guess the film)
- storytelling: telling a story which could be invented or retold in that occasion
You can use these listening exercises to revise about this topic.