Monday, January 19, 2015

NI1 - unit 4A

This lesson has a grammar point about reflexive pronouns so here you are the page I showed you in class in which they explain they are used as a reflexive form or as an intensive form; click here. Remember there is a very common form which is by+reflexive pronoun. Here you have examples of all these uses:

  • I cut myself yesterday (an ordinary reflexive form).
  • I myself saw you doing that (emphatic form).
  • I did it by myself, without any help (this means "lo hice yo solo")
  • I did it myself (this means "lo hice yo mismo" or "lo hice yo")
The use is not very difficult in written English; I think it's more difficult when you use it in spoke English. Nevertheless, here you have some exercises to practise: exercise 1  and  exercise 2 (a list of exercises to practise).

When we spoke about the tips to learn or improve English, I told you that songs are very useful; here you are a couple of examples:
  • The Hall of Fame: use of can/could , superlative and vocabulary; click here
  • Wake Me Up: phrasals, some fixed structures, tenses; click here

No comments:

Post a Comment