Tuesday, February 24, 2015

NA1 - Lesson 5B: I wish

In the previous lesson we worked with if-clauses and this grammar point is a bit similar because of the use of tenses but in another context: I wish + WOULD / PAST SIMPLE /PAST PERFECT
Although you've got a grammar explanation on the book, let's see these links, which are quite useful, about how to use this structure
  • Here you are a short summary but without exercises: click here
  • This link from the British Council with an exercise: click here
  • A very clear summary with different exercises at the end (except for the song): click here
  • Exercises: exercise 1    exercise 2    exercise 3 (this is a mix of exercises and explanation; quite long but it's worth visiting the link)
To finish with here you are some songs about this construction. There are a lot but these are just a few. Enjoy them!
  • I wish I could: dedicated to parents, especially for fathers (March 19th): click here
  • I wish it would rain down by Phil Collins: click here
  • I wish I knew how by LihgtHouse: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment