Tuesday, December 15, 2015

That's English! - Module 9 - Unit 7: The future looks bright

In this unit we are talking about future plans, dreams and wishes. Apart frome the revision of future sentences, we are having a look at future continous: I'll be working on... We use tis tense when we are quite sure that something will happen in a precise future. For that reason you need certain expressions of time and here we've got some to say that something is likely to happen or we wish something to happen in the future:
  • At some time in the future... I hope to be developing my career... In 10 years' time I hope to be working for a big company... This time next year I'll be living in London...
Apart from future continuous, we have perfect future. This tense is used for finished or complete asctions in the future: By this time tomorrow I'll have finished my work.

exercise 1: futuure progresive      exercise 2: perfect future

For a further explanation and to see some common expressions of time for these tenses go to these links:
Just to finish with, have a look about writing skills on the book and pay attention to the exercises based on your personal opinion as they'll be likely to be used in the oral exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment