Thursday, April 14, 2016

NA1 - Using the expression I wish... (unit 5B)

This is the link we saw in class to practise with I wish; click here. Some other exercises are here: exercise 1   exercise 2    exercise 3
This constuction is very useful for wishes and for regrets. You can practise orally with these exemples to practise:

Wishes  (past simple)
  • to change something in your physical appearence: I wish I were taller
  • to get something: I wish I had a bigger house
Regrets   (past perfect)
  • to change your past: I wish she had told me the truth
Complainsts   (would)
  • when you want someone or something to be different: I wish she would be nicer to me
Here you are the somg suggested in the book: Same mistakes  and another one by the same group One Direction I wish

No comments:

Post a Comment