Monday, September 30, 2019

C1 - Use of neither/nor, either/or and so

In class we worked with Neither do I and So do I. Let's do this activity connected to banking and money to practise this grammar point and to increase specific vocabulary:

Extra Activity
We are going to practise with SO and NEITHER and the vocabulary related to banking. Try to find 5 sentences to make your mate say a comment agreeing or disagreeing such as the ones you can see in these examples:
  • I prefer to use my credit card to pay in cash when I travel  ----  So do I
  • I've never been in the red in my account  ----  Neither have I
  • I've never applied for a loan  ----  I have but I haven't paid it back yet
  • I can manage to pay my monthly statements  ----  So can I
  • I never use an ATM  when I go abroad   ----   I do, especially if I need cash
  • I'm rarely broke   ----  So am I but I'm always short of money I've never been in debt
VOCABULARY:
(MAKE) PROFIT     WITHDRAWS      ATM     TO DEPOSIT MONEY     STATEMENT     INSTALLMENTS       TO CHARGE A FEE       TO PAY OFF       IN DEBT     TO BE BROKE     TO OWE   

Neither / nor explanation: click here and this is a video you can use as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment