Thursday, November 26, 2015

NA1 - Unit 8A: Beat the Robbers... and the Burglars

This unit deals with passive voice; if you want to see a previous post from this blog you can click here. But the most important thing is to use it in a natural way as these tenses are much more usual in English than in Spanish. Let's remember some examples we saw in class which are really different from Spanish:
  • I was given this parcel for you. It was left at my desk yesterday.
  • Mr. Jonhson is said to be the new headmaster but I think he will be asked to change a lot of things at school.
  • I was fined and my car was taken away by the crane
To keep on working on the topic, here you have some listening comprehension about crime: click here or here

As an example, here you are a piece of news from BBC to see how often it is to find passive voice; click here. But as it is the time of Thanksgiving and this article will give you some information about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment