Tuesday, November 17, 2015

That's English! - Module 9 - Revision 1

This unit is to revise what we've seen in the last four units so let's try to work on the most important or dificult items. We're also introucing part of unit 5. We'll finish with this unit next week.
  • if-clauses: 
    • first type of conditional sentences: using so long as  and  as long as; click here to see the difference; you can use this exercise to practise with the the other connectors: click here
    • second type of conditional sentences: this is much more difficult when you are speaking so let's practice with this. Make sentences one after another in this way: If I had enough money, I'd buy a new car; but if I bought a new car I'd need to change the insurance; if I had to change it, I'd try to find a cheaper one; if I could find a cheaper one, I'd be very happy
  • use of YET and STILL as connectors: for the use of YET go to this link; nevertheless, if you still have problems, go to this link with the translation of those connectors into Spanish: click here. To practise with contrast connectors, go to this exercise
  • using modal verbs:
    • certainty and possibility: here you are an exercised; but take into account you should use other modals apart from CAN. Work with probabilities on a sentece: she hasn't arrived yet --- she must get lost as she doesn't nkow where I live; she might have a problem with her car; she may be stuch in a traffic jam; she can't be working at this time.
    • advice or recommendations: here you have a tendency to overuse MUST when SHOULD is much more common. Try to use forms such as you'd better. Do it orally starting with this sentence: I'd like to lose weight or I'd like to improve my English.(UNIT 5)
To work with the following unit, here you are a listening comprehension about health: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment