Tuesday, October 15, 2019

B2.1 - Unit 2B: Present simple and present continuos

This is a difficult issue for Spanish speakers as we have the same tenses in our language but we don't use them in the same way, especially when we use present continuous for future actions like Tomorrow I'm having dinner with Susan.

These videos may help you to revise this grammar point:
Some exercises you could do are these: exercise 1   exercise 2   exercise 3  exercise 4    a list of exercises to choose.

Pay attention to the verbs which are dynamic or static (which are not usually used in progressive forms) and the spelling of the -ING form (when to double the consonant and ending in -Y). As I told you in class, I'd rather speak about permanent actions (habitual present o present simple) or temporary actions (present continuous)


VERB
PRES. SIMPLE  (permanent actions)
PRES. CONTINUOUS (temporary actions)
HAVE
I´ve got/have a car (possession)
I’m having a shower (taking)
THINK
She thinks he’s nice (opinion)
We’re thinking of going away next (planning)
SEE
I see quite well (sense)
I’m seeing Peter (meeting)
FEEL
I feel sorry for you (habitual feelings)
I’m feeling sick (getting)

If you need more help, please let me know in class. See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment