Wednesday, February 27, 2019

B2.1 - Relative clauses

There are two types of relative clauses, defining and non-defining. Let's have a look on both:
  • DEFINING (especificativas in Spanish): they help to identify or remark the noun which is referring to; e.g. That's the person who works with me at school.
  • NON-DEFINING (explicativas): these go between commas and it's just an explanation or a comment about the noun; e.g. The tall girl, who works with me at school, plays basket.
If you need further explanation you may use these links: this is the first one but you can use this other

Once you are sure how to use them, let's practise qith these exercises:
Remember we use this kind of sentences very often:
  • The person I admire most is ...
  • Something that I can't stand is ...
  • A screwdriver is a tool you use to fix screws or repair things
  • A place where I used to go was ...
  • I've lived in Meco, which is a village near Alcala, for almost 20 years
  • I can't speak French, which is a pity as I go to Paris quite often
Here have you a listening exercise about Reading Festival: click here

See you in class!

1 comment:

  1. This is Very very nice article. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing. Don't Miss these world's Best Games

    ReplyDelete