We'll start with the general questions as usual:
- Are you happy with your bank? Are you charged for managing your account? How often do you go to your bank? Do you use the internet for managing your account? Why/why not?
- Have you ever had a problem with your bank? What happened? How did you solve it?
- Do you normally use cash or credit cards? Do you usually use an ATM? Why/why not?
- Do you think banks are necessary? What for?
- How has banking changed in the last 20-25 years? Do you think it's been for the better?
On page 22 of your text book you can find exercise 9 which is a role-play. Work with your partner to do this activity.
In this activity we are going to practise with SO and NEITHER and the vocabulary related to banking. Try to find 5 sentences to make your mate say a comment such as in these examples and then :
- I prefer to use my credit card to pay in cash when I travel ---- So do I
- I've nerver been in the red in my account ---- Neither have I
- I've never applied for a loan ---- Neither have I
- I can manage to pay my monthly statements ---- So can I
(MAKE) PROFIT WITHDRAWS ATM TO DEPOSIT MONEY STATEMENT TO CHARGE A FEE TO PAY OFF IN DEBT TO BE BROKE TO OWE
On page 27, the exercise 7 is to be made with your mate. Read the sentences and give your opinión saying if you agree or disagree and why you say so.
Speak about getting a loan from a bank. Think about the difficulties to borrow the money, how to pay it back and the interest rates, how you can save money... It's important you use the vocabulary learnt in this unit and also the ways of expressing agreement and disagreement.
Here you are a Reading comprenhension about banks. Go to this link and do the exercise: click here