Thursday, January 23, 2020

C1 - How to pronounce 3rd conditional sentences

This is the video I showed you in class. I've already found this video about that. Just to finish with you may use this video about American pronunciation: click here.

Just in case you want to review this grammar point, have a look as this chart might be useful:

Other forms instead of if

connectors
meaning
example
should
It means if by any chance…
You must replace if for should
Should you see John, can you give him a message?
provided/providing
The same as if but a bit more formal
Provided you leave, you’ll catch the train
unless
The meaning is if … not
I won’t go to the doctor unless you come with me
on condition
This introduces a that-clause
On condition that we get the money, we’ll do it
as long as
It is the same as if
I don’t mind your coming as long as you keep quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment